DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Trigger


As my bud 4M says, you cannot make this shit up.


I’m taking a break from watching football to put up this lousy blog post.  The Niners are unwatchable.

It was a good Halloween turnout.  We had a 150 piece bag of candy so doubled up on the treats at times.  The Grim Reaper kept a few of the little ones from approaching the porch.  SB1 won a $25 gift certificate at work for his Brawny Man costume.  He got both his brains and brawn from me.

I took my little voice recorder to Safeway yesterday, in order to come up with a few items for the blog.  Production has been sparse so I had to resort to such tactics.  Attention -  bakery department – two zero zero.  I need to break the code one of these days.  They had a nice aisle display of Clump and Seal, which reminded me of a conversation that a couple cat owner classmates of mine had at our recent high school reunion.  I can’t recall their favorite brands of litter, but each was quite loyal to them.  And to wrap up the Safeway trip, I think some guy was FaceTiming his kid but he looked weird as hell making funny faces into his iPhone as he walked down the aisle.  That’ll probably be me when I have grandkids.

On the celebrity front, there's a petition floating around to fire Raven-Symoné from The View.  I'm cool with that but why don't they just can the whole show.  Other than that, not much to say.  I don't think any of the Kardashians have posed nude this week.

I’ll close by letting everyone know I’m favored to win my fantasy football match.  My QB Phillip Rivers piled up the points and I got Ryan Fitzpatrick going next.  My opponent left Marcus Mariota in his lineup.  Smooth move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home