DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Clueless

I just got back from the gym. Some kid was parked at one of my favorite machines, mostly playing with his phone. I waited a while then walked up to him and said "you mind if I get a few sets in while you read your email?" He asked if he could do one more set. I said "Sure you can". We thanked each other when he departed. Dumb shit.

I recently thought about my three week stay at that rehab hospital in Jersey in '99. What I really needed then was some encouragement from Kanye. I see he was also hospitalized for a migraine. He probably got it from listening to himself talk.

On top of the Katy Perry/Taylor Swift feud, which I find upsetting, Martha Stewart has been going after Gwyneth Paltrow. What the hell did Gwyneth ever do to you? And she does not think much of the star of OITNB either. Shut up and go count your money Martha.

The 2014 McArthur Genius Grants are out and I've been overlooked once again.

I saw an article today stating that Europeans were drawn from three ancient tribes. Apparently I come from brown-eyed, pale skinned farmers. I'm cool with that.

When I got home from work today, I found a cassette tape of U2's new album glued into my mailbox.


Perk up. It's pumpkin spice latte season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home