DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Deep thoughts, cheap shots & bon mots ...

Back in '06 when I started this mess, I was mulling the use of that name for my blog, perfectly willing to admit I was stealing it from Scott Ostler of the SF Chron. In the end DJ's Detritus won out and the rest is history.

Italy has a new prime minister, answering the question "Chi รจ il capo?"


I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I did a Google image search for "Hallmark", making a cute homemade card and saving myself $3 in the process. One of the critical factors for a successful marriage is a basic agreement on finances. My wife and I have always been pretty much on the same page on that one. Another one is not going to bed angry. We never do. We often stay up all night yelling at each other.

I see Tom Perkins, warrior for economic justice, is at it again.


I was at Peets getting my morning mud this week and was delighted to see they were featuring the Mayan Chocolate Mocha. I thought that special had ended in 2012.

I'm sorry to report that Stop N Liquor (8/27/12) is no more but Stop N Dope is thriving,

The electronic billboard on 101S flashed "It's Getting Deep At Kirkwood". The next sequence stated "In More Ways Than One", with a picture of The UK yammering on the deck.

During my last checkup, my cholesterol was good, but my doctor was concerned about my 30% Neanderthal genome level.


Yes, I have decided to raid my FB posts for ideas. Since SB1 works for an IP law firm, I'll call him to see if I'm treading on thin ice. Speaking of ice and such, the boy got a day off Thursday due to the storm. Like many a child, I used to pray for snow days. Many years later I escaped to California.

Even those with a fairly decent grasp of world history, such as my brother, are unaware that Attila spent a brief time as a school teacher.


#1 and family are bound for Disney World. Even when the guy is local, he spends much of his time in a fantasy world. For example, he thinks his kitchen is going to be nicer than mine.

I sent The Wig a cute/funny/relevant link the other day and he ignored me. Crickets. He's also been telling me for the last two months that he got me a gift for my new kitchen. The latest story is that it is on back order. I'm screening his next call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home