DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, March 29, 2010

Double Deuce

We just had our 22nd wedding anniversary. I took my bride out for dinner at The Village Pub, where we were just two of the many beautiful people. My wife had a stiff martini. It helped dull the realization that she has spent the majority of her adult life living with me. We also shared a bottle of Ceps Syrah. I zeroed in on it on the “wines under $60” page of the wine list. In a case of mistaken identity, wifey ordered some appetizer that ended up being nothing like she expected. She liked it OK, at least she said she did, so it wasn't exactly a $16 error. I stuck with a cheap salad. For entrees, she had the halibut, for the hell of it. My fillet was primo, and she mooched some.

We went home to watch a tape delayed victory by WVA. It ran out about five minutes too early but they had it virtually in hand by then. If they take it all the way, I win the work pool and The Banker wins the village pool. I'll take the former, since there is dough involved. Yesterday it was tough to see LaceDarius, Tweety and crew go down to those Duke dudes but it helped the pool.

Speaking of The Banker, his daughter's team just won the state championship. THAT'S HUGE!! Congrats to all. I put a victory sign up on their garage but I'm letting my wife and Mrs. Exec take credit for it. This summer my girl plays with the state champs and I'll be hanging with the parents up in Portland at The End of the Trail tournament. I hope they like me.

I see in the news that an 80 year old Imelda Marcos is running for office in the Philippines. The article said she was on the campaign trail in diamonds and jade. Her pendant had an abbreviation inscribed on it: C4E. It stands for “clueless forever”.

I made a Safeway stop today. I saw a lot of license plate expression. One guy had F L S H. I think he was going for flash but I interpreted it as flush. Then there was a plate holder that said “Happiness Is Being Joey's Dad”. That is SO cute. I wish I had his kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home