DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, February 25, 2010

DJ Hits Home

The truth hurts, but it needs to be put out there nonetheless. Sometimes it can be a first step in recovery. I got a note from The Wolv today. He may be on his way to the straight and narrow.

“OK, you win. In true Masshole style, I've fired my research staff, advance team and publicist. The handlers are next. Maybe even the hangers on. Of course I take full responsibility for exactly none of this, and will now enter sex rehab. When I emerge a new and remorseful Masshole in a few months, I hope you'll be quoted on MTV with something like, "Hey, at least he didn't go all John Mayer on us." “

DJ is going on a listening tour. #2, your house is the first stop. I also have to check back in with SB1. I had a chat with him last night and he indicated his dismay with the subject matter of my 2/12 post. He's a sensitive boy but I must admit that he's not bum. Just a student. Last year he was a student-athlete. Hopefully by the end of this semester he'll be a student with a job. For subliminal inspiration, I played “Get A Job” by The Silhouettes for background music during the call. It sounds like school is going well. He has an interesting English class, where they are reading the works of one of his favorite authors, John Dos Punkass.

In motor vehicle news, I saw a Bentley pulling out of the Foster City Costco the other day. Even the super rich need the 50 roll pack of toilet paper, and Draegers just does not carry them. I was on my way home on 101 today when a motorcyclist passed me. I noticed his leg was at an odd angle. I then realized he was riding side saddle. No worries. He reverted to the regular position, at 70mph, when he got a couple car lengths in front of me. I anticipated slow traffic ahead, in which we would all have to inch past his lifeless splotch, but fortunately that did not occur.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/27/2010 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm honored. Call ahead so I can be certain I'm not there.

    #2

     

Post a Comment

<< Home