DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, March 08, 2010

Score?

That was the text I received from The Exec Friday. I got a little indignant, thinking it none of his business. I was going to excoriate him, but then decided against it, and just responded “not lately”. I felt foolish when I realized he sent it Wednesday night and was inquiring about my kid's hoops game. I guess keeping my cell phone in my car turned off 90% of the time has its disadvantages.

I drove by a Little Gym recently. It got me thinking, which is never a good thing. I had one when I was growing up. It's the second picture on my 4/25/09 post. My brother ran that my gym and was also my personal trainer. The conditioning regimen included tree climbing, apple fights and boxing matches with insufficiently padded gloves.

I got to see bro Saturday night. The wife and I spent the night at my sister's house, where we partied like it was 1989, the last pre-kids year. My brother made a fantastic minestrone to start off our meal. I had no idea the dude could cook. We were then served homemade raviolis in a vodka sauce. WOW! This rivaled any meal I've had at high end SF Italian restaurants in recent memory. It was all washed down with a fine Frank Family Cabernet. The wonderful evening was only briefly interrupted by a call from my daughter. She let us know that Sonny Boy 2 had decided to strip down and drop one on the carpet. She told us she needed another $20 in babysitting fees. We acquiesced, as we considered it hazardous duty pay.

5 Comments:

  • At 3/09/2010 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe--You said "Doody" (you just spelled it wrong)

     
  • At 3/12/2010 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just upgraded my computer to Windows 7. You read much better in Windows 7 then you did in Windows XP ... which is to say, not much.

    #2

     
  • At 3/12/2010 8:12 AM, Blogger DJ said…

    #2, have you considered a mac?

     
  • At 3/12/2010 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I tried to read you on my daughters Mac but it locked up the machine. It seems a Mac is incable of displaying your blog. You know those Macs are for artistic types - like writers.

     
  • At 3/13/2010 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home