DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tweet

I’m making an official declaration. Twitter's the biggest waste of time since Rubik's Cube. Now that we’ve cleared that up, I’ll tell you about my weekend.

Besides crafting the final touches on my last, award winning post, I spent a lot of time with the family, at least the ones that were around. The girl spent the entire weekend in Reno playing volleyball. Once, I punched a man in Reno, just to watch him laugh. But that’s another story.

I took Sonny Boy Two to the club for a little natatorial activity. I usually face him away from me, put his feet on my thighs or ample gut, and count 1 2 3 and then he launches himself. It’s usually good for a few giggles out of him. This week there was a dude in the pool with his daughter in one arm and his cell phone in his other hand. I wanted to tell him it would be an appropriate time to give it a rest. I have to ask The UK if his iPhone has the waterproofing app.

Sunday I did the grocery shopping. I had made most of the list but my wife had a few meal ideas and added some items. She wanted some pitted green olives. Now they have plenty of those lousy, pitted black olives in cans, the kind I used to love as a kid, but for green ones I had to go with stuffed manzanillas. I was worried that she might have to pull out the pimentos. She already works so hard putting meals together for us. But the thing that really caught my eye was her request for a “6 oz can (oil packed) tuna (pole or troll caught)”. “Did I mention I was going to Safeway honey?” She’s a good sport so I started razzing her when I got home. She said that’s what was listed in the Sunset magazine recipe. I asked if she’d jump off a bridge if Sunset told her to do so.

The Wig wants me to put together a glossary of all the characters in this blog. I’ll do that when I feel like losing a few friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home