DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, October 11, 2008

DJ in the Dark

I got a call from college boy the other day. It was good to hear from him. Alas, I discovered he had ulterior motives. He had not been cleared by the NCAA for his crew meet Sunday so he thought that perhaps good old Dad could step in. I called. The person who answered made a distinction between registered and cleared. I pressed forward. What might that be? Registered means he registered. I asked what else needed to take place for him to be cleared. Nothing, except my call it seems. They had all the paperwork. She said she would put an expedite on it and that he should be cleared in 24-48 hours. Since I’ve expedited a few things in my time, I was not convinced that would do the trick. So I told my son to get back to me Thursday if he was not cleared. When I didn’t hear, I sent an email to see if there was any news. No word back. A follow up email yesterday was ignored. Now I’m hurt. My wife goes to France for 10 days, my daughter is off to another volleyball tournament, and my elder son won’t respond to me.

Gosh, I wonder if he’s racing tomorrow. I really do.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/12/2008 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    dad, you're the best.
    I don't appreciate you enough.
    I couldn't answer your email because i was, ironically, doing crew all weekend and did not go back to my room.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home