DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, February 15, 2008

Declare Victory and Get Out

As previously published, I was under the impression that I was involved in a blog war. I was mistaken. After seeing no posts from The Exec in over 2 weeks, I realize now that it was merely a border skirmish. I have driven the aggressor back deep into his own territory. He is safely behind his side of Marlin Ave, which blog historians may some day refer to as Foster City's DMZ. He’s been seen lurking around Beach Park Plaza recently, but he can’t water my lawn from there.

Actually we’re still bosom buddies. We broke bread just this afternoon. Or better put, we slurped pho at a nearby Vietnamese restaurant. I made every effort to provide him with some good blog material. I want to see him succeed in this endeavor. So do the numbers. I saw 1 and 2 this past Sunday at a performance of West Side Story put on by San Mateo High School. They commented on The Exec’s lack of productivity. It’s not like he’s had other things on his mind, which most would agree is pretty much a blank slate. But enough about him. The play was outstanding. A group of very talented students, including #2’s daughter, put on a bravura performance.

I have a bit of a Valentine’s Day hangover today. I get really spun up about the Hallmark holidays. I planned ahead and got flowers and a card on Wednesday. I only buy Hallmark. I pulled off a surprise Thursday morning by keeping the flowers in my car overnight so they were awaiting wifey when she woke up. I also had a pot of freshly brewed coffee made. So I got kudos from the wife plus I had the extra added benefit of a fragrant vehicle for my commute. I can’t wait for Arbor Day!

By the way, I feel pretty, and witty, and bright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home