DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Manufactured News

No, I’m not talking about The Liberation of Paris. I refer you to this article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070626/sc_livescience/powercouplesmeetincitiesstudyfinds

After a painstaking study, it was determined that power couples meet in big cities. No shit?! When I ran this by 4M, he was taken aback. He stated that he believed most power couples met at NASCAR events. My take, at least before being enlightened by this article, was that the typical power couple met in rural trailer parks. I should have given this more thought though. My search for a partner in puissance began in San Francisco in the mid ‘80s when I was making eight bucks an hour. I struck gold. She had an ’82 Honda Civic and I just had a bus pass. The rest is history.

In the same vein, I came across an article last month that stated “A nagging sense of being unfairly treated at work or at home can raise a person's risk of heart attack”. If that’s the case, then, as Fred Sanford used to say, “I’m coming to join ya Elizabeth” And the clincher was the news that getting married was good for depression. That’s all well and good, but I think they ought to be looking for a long term cure.

2 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2007 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

    From George Carlin

     
  • At 6/29/2007 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am concerned about the aesthetics of your site when you include long urls. It pushes cloror blocks out into the right margins-YUCKY!!


    I repectfully suggest that you use www.tinyurl.com to create shorter ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home