DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, January 05, 2007

Take My Advice


Some people just have it tough. I was reading Dear Abby today. The advice seeker apparently had an affair with his wife’s sister before he met his wife. Now the sister-in-law is trying to blackmail him. Ouch! And if the situation wasn’t precarious enough, the guy was on the hook with his wife because he forgot their anniversary and ran over her dog in the same week. That’s a serious hard luck story. I’m glad that my wife doesn’t have a sister. Some folks say her brother is cute but I don’t see it.

Recent entertainment headlines announced that Celine Dion’s Vegas extravaganza will be coming to a close this year. Fortunately it’s not happening until December. I alerted the upstate boys because the show will be a big part of our upcoming Vegas trip. 4M astutely pointed out that I might be able to get us some primo seats, being a member in good standing of Team Celine. If I don’t have the appropriate amount of pull, I know that The Upgrade King will come through for us. All he has to do is whisper in the ear of the concierge at The Palms and we’ll be in the front row. Given that, I know that TK is not going to lay that “I gotta work” crap on us.

Now that I’ve brought up The UK, it allows me to segue into the main reason for this post. You'll notice that I’ve dressed this one up with a picture. I’ve already improved my blog with the “easy read” format for The UK and now I’m posting pics as he has previously suggested. This one is to promote my good friend Jimmy The Wig’s latest business venture. I’m really psyched because he’s going bi-coastal and I’ll have an opportunity to see him more often. He already has a string of high end night clubs in northern Jersey and now he’ll be opening his first place on the west coast. He’s currently searching for a young celebrity they can carry out on opening night.

Changing gears, is it just me or do any of you also wish you could have the kind of repartee so often heard on The Gilmore Girls?

3 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2007 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like to think that I'm not scared of much, but when I hear those Gilmore Girls, I turn and run until my legs give out (usually about 30 yards). This works better than putting fingers tightly in ears and chanting the Dr. Pepper jingle. Peetnis

     
  • At 1/07/2007 5:54 PM, Blogger Jim Ambras said…

    DJ,

    The newly upgraded site looks great - let's face it - life is all about upgrades. I'm floored that you've actually uploaded an image to your posting - let's do some marketing of this blog, put up some Google Adsense ads, and pretty soon you'll have a big revenue stream to put all of your kids through college.

    I say let's go see Celine in November - it's something we can talk about years from now when we're old. I'm sure I can get some upgraded tickets.

    Your Truly,

    The Upgrade King

     
  • At 1/10/2007 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now your writing doesn't merely lack sublety, it's humdrum! Who wants to read about you? Let's hear some celebrity gossip, some VIP smackdown, discussion and insight on the Rosie/Donald thingy, 'n' stuff.

    Your readers may want to switch to Vance's blog.....

    Vance

     

Post a Comment

<< Home