DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DJ Blog Consultancy

I’ve figured out my next career. I’ll be a blog consultant. Google CEO Eric Schmidt stated that a blog is created every second. I think Olbermann said that the average blog has one reader. That adds up to a lot of opportunity.

A potential customer would be that selfless public servant, Tom DeLay. My first advice to him would be to turn on the comment moderation feature. Secondly, it’s best that you write your own blog. Tommy got Hammered in his first 75 minutes in the blogosphere and had to shut it down temporarily because a few folks exercised their right to free speech. He cleaned it up when he brought it back on line but you can read the choice comments at:

http://tomdelaydotcom.blogspot.com/

There is some vulgarity, which for the cognoscenti, is anathema to me. But the thing that upset me the most is the following comment:

“Everybody already assumes bloggers are unemployed losers… thanks for reinforcing that stereotype…”

Now that may apply to DeLay, but I have a job. Yes, yes, I work at home occasionally, but I’m working. Really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home