DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Designer Blog

As you all well know, I think of witty things to say. The problem is that oftentimes someone else thinks of them first. That makes me a day late and a dollar short or a plagiarist. Last night I had a flash of genius and decided that my alter ego in the blogosphere would be fashionista Karl Bloggerfeld. I google it and come up with three pages of hits. Nuff said.

I just took a look at my blog and realized the majority of my recent posts have been about my everyday life. You people must be bored as hell. That said, I will return to celebrity reporting for the remainder of this post. There should be plenty of material to draw from as the media do their 2006 retrospectives. I promise to stay off the topic of young celebs who forgot their underwear.

I read a while back that George Clooney’s pet pig bought the farm. I was going to make some crude jokes about pork chops and bacon but thought the better of it. When my pet porcupine croaks, I don’t want anybody cracking wise about acupuncture. Another recent piece of news was that Tori Spelling is writing her memoir. That’s going to be a study in humility.

This just in. The fourth Indiana Jones movie will begin filming in 2007. This will have a day in the life format of Harrison Ford’s character, starting off with a visit to the social security office, through three doctor appointments, and ending with an early bird dinner at his favorite restaurant. Elizabeth Taylor is coming out of retirement to play his love interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home