DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, November 20, 2023

I Know, I Know

Not seeing a new blog post from me for three weeks has been hard on all of us. I’ll endeavor to improve. I got a reminder from #1 last night, as is his wont, that I have been remiss.

We had the numbers and TCG over for dinner last night, along with Barbie and Katie. The wife and I put together the fantastic dish below and #1 contributed a labor-intensive side, shaved brussel sprouts with pancetta. The appetizers were courtesy of TCG and Katie. #2 brings the fine wine.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017327-roasted-chicken-provencal

There’s been a lot of news since my last post. Tim Scott dropped out of the presidential race. I was sorry to see him go, but sources say he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend. And I’m sure everyone is as happy as I am that Sam Altman landed on his feet at Microsoft.

Trump is still out there doing his Il Duce act when he’s not moping in the courtroom. His mini-me just got elected in Argentina, so that guy can borrow MAGA.  Trump’s kids had to testify in his NY trial. Uday and Qusay went first, stepping on their dicks. The saddest part was seeing the extent of Ivanka’s memory loss.

DJ is not doing too well in his football pool, tied for 14th. I had a mediocre 8 – 5 showing this week. There’s a Super Bowl replay tonight and I’m going with Philly.  I know Tay Tay will be there cheering for KC, but I gotta stick with Philly, where my elderly brother and I were born.

Sadly, I am out of material already. I need to clean up my blog notes and see if I can do better than a couple paragraphs a month. Maybe I need to join The Exec on Substack and try to monetize this thing. Then again, maybe not.

Happy Thanksgiving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home