DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, November 12, 2021

Follow Up

Were you disappointed in that last post?  Join the crowd.  That’s what happens when I’m left unsupervised.

I’ve seen a bevy of articles about celebs with toned abs and toned legs in my go to news source, Yahoo.  I have also seen a lot of Paulina Porizkova, speaking her truth, often without much clothing on. She also thanked Sarah Jessica Parker for embracing her gray hair.  I’d like to thank SJP as well.  I’ve decided against a dye job on my next visit to my hairdresser.


Should we talk about the Republicans?  Why not?  The execrable Paul Gosar is at it again, posting an edited version of a violent anime cartoon.  I’m sure those in his caucus will censure him.  No, they are saving their scorn for the 13 Republicans that voted for the infrastructure bill. As Charles Pierce said, Republicans must really hate bridges.

Shitbird Chris Christie has a new book out.  As soon as I’m done with this post, I’ll run out to get it.  In the below article, a Republican strategist states that “He’s traveling the country, saying what he learned and saying he’s not afraid of Donald Trump." You could have fooled me.



Did you know that there is a DJ impostor on Twitter?  His name is #1.  He recently was talking about nindification.  I had to correct him, as the word is nidification.  My extensive study of the Spanish language helped me in this.  When I was in Madrid in the fall of 1980 one of the big movies was El Nido.


Here’s a restaurant recommendation for you: Cotogna.  It is right next to Quince and has the same owners.  We took our nephew and his girlfriend there because my in-laws gave us a gift card.  All the hip restaurants we go to is because my sister-in-law has a finger on the pulse of the SF restaurant scene. I ordered a prosciutto appetizer before realizing my nephew was a pescatarian, but he did not go hungry.  We also had a couple bottles of a good Italian wine.

My wife is pushing me to get my COVID booster but I’m a little concerned that I’ll start glowing because of the bioluminescent markers in it.  The crackpot that started that crap, Emerald Robinson, has been pulled from Newsmax and permanently banned from Twitter,

By now, you’ve had sufficient time to study my week 10 picks.  Based on last night’s result, I’m off to a bad start, but of the 42 people in my pool, nobody chose Miami.  It looks like I’ll only go 13-1 this week.

My wife sent me an evite for a big holiday party at our house celebrating SB1 and his fiancé.  I responded “maybe”.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home