DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, December 08, 2018

Lazy Day

My wife and I got out of bed at almost the same time this morning, a weekend rarity, as I am a morning person.  By that, I mean I am generally useless after lunch.  And she got out of the house before me, which is even more of a rarity, headed to Costco.  I don’t do Costco.

I got my last commission check for 2018 on Thursday and it was a good one.  Mad stacks yo. As Unc says, I’ve been selling the hell out of those circuits.  But I am not in it for the money.  As those of you that know me well, besides for friends and family, telecom is my life.  It doesn’t get much better than dealing with dial tone and bandwidth all day.  Below is a picture of my customer testing the latest product I sold them.



They apparently had a pottery sale at the rec center last weekend, but I missed it.  They still had the sign up after it was over, which was a big disappointment as I try to never miss a pottery sale.  Foster City is a hotbed of activity.  Should I bring back my take on the FC police blotter?  No?  OK.

I have to start working on the Christmas letter soon.  Are you hoping for a mention?  No?  OK.  I guess the Singapore trip will be the focal point because we haven’t done much otherwise.  We did get together with family at my bro-in-law’s beach house this summer. And there was the Wig summer residency in Marin, although I’m trying to put that behind me.

As you know, I’m an active Facebook user.  I posted “I hear Trump is still trying to figure out who shot J.R.” but did not get enough likes.  I live for likes.  I ran it by 4M via email, as he will not accept my friend request, which is OK, since he won’t accept anybody’s friend request.  He’s quirky.  He said that it was not my best work.  However, he did like my Birdman of Alcatraz reference in my last post, so I’m batting .500.

Speaking of the Orange Duce, he’s running scared, tweeting up a splenetic storm.  It looks like his dipshit consigliere Cohen will be spending some time at the Graybar Hotel, which will probably be the final residence of that sleaze Manafort.  Papadopoulos is lucky he only had to do 12 days hard time.  We cannot get rid of the whole pack soon enough.  This will be the albatross hanging on the neck of the GOP for years to come.

Now let me change the subject with a pet peeve.  I’m sure you’ve seen articles talking about “the cutest thing ever”.  I believe Meghan Markle’s pet name for Prince Harry was one of them.  In any case, these articles are a daily occurrence and are, quite frankly, puke inducing.  Shouldn’t there be a review board somewhere that they run these things through to get approval that this newest cutest thing ever is truly cuter than the last.  OK, I’m a sorehead.  And don’t get me started on the clickbait telling you which vegetable NEVER to eat.  Lastly, there’s gender reveal parties.  Its time stop coming up with new shit.

Have you ever done a SWOT analysis?  Corporate types tend to like them.  I did one on myself recently and discovered I had no strengths and posed no threats.  This especially applies to my Fantasy Football league, where I currently stand 3-10.  However, I did have Derrick Henry on Thursday.  His blowout performance garnered me 55.8 points, so I expect to close the season at 4-10.

The old Statcounter says I’ve had some recent visits from Wolv, Wig and #1.  I hope this post tides you over until the Christmas letter comes out.  And I saw that Highland Mills stopped by recently as well.  I have one question for HM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6X0_DMK5KE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home