DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Southend-on-Sea

I have been getting a boatload of hits from Southend-on-Sea, UK.  I mean dozens since Friday.  In other words, more than I usually get in a month.  Unless it’s a bot, I have a new fan.  My first au pair lives in the UK, but about 3 hours from there.  Plus she’s pretty bright so it is unlikely she’s reading my drivel.
We had my brother and sister over this past Saturday.  LA brought the primo Pinot and I made Bocconcini di Pollo con Patate e Salsicce, which I hadn’t cooked since the kids were home.  It was hit and supplied another meal this week.  Let me know if you want the recipe.
I found out today that Kid Rock will not be running for the Senate after all.  He clarified it with a few F bombs.  I know that The Wolv and a majority of Michiganders that live in trailer parks will be gravely disappointed. I’ve always viewed him as statesmanlike.
The NYT shared this headline yesterday: "China Enshrines ‘Xi Jinping Thought,’ Elevating Leader to Mao-Like Status".  I made a witty crack on FB about thought leadership, but got no likes.  Maybe it wasn’t that witty. I’ve already made my feelings known about that term.
#1 and family made a trip to Vietnam from their Singapore home base recently.  In the travel spirit, some of the remaining village boys are going to get together at Ben Tre tomorrow night for a blog study group and excellent chow.
Did you catch the Flake show yesterday?  I like the fact that he bad mouthed the prez but hopefully he can do more in his two remaining years to neutralize the loon.  I think that would entail not voting Trump’s way 90% of the time.

RIP Fats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home