DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Too Much Arugula

I went to the farmer’s market today and mistakenly bought four bags of arugula vs. the usual three.  But that inspired me to start my all arugula diet tomorrow.  I’ll let you know how it works out.

I went there after knocking off the Safeway shop, where I bought a couple Rocky birds for beer can chicken tonight, which we will share with the Execs.  I bought a six of Bud to put the chicken on since my PBRs have been depleted.  I let a lady with a single bottle of booze cut in front of me, because if nothing else, I’m a sucker for an attractive middle-aged lady with a bottle of booze.  You used to be able to use the self-check for alcohol but our legislators in Sacramento put the kibosh on that.

While I was out taking care of business, the wife was making herself a latte and leaving the pot she warms milk up in for me to clean.  But I know she had a tough week, which was exacerbated by her parking spot being taken last night.  Somebody managed to take up both spots in front of our domicile.  My poor wife had to park one house up.

I was planning to post a few days ago but I have been completely absorbed with Taylor Swift’s new single.  I have read everything that has been written about it, which has been voluminous yet insufficient, and I’ve done my own analysis.  And it looks like Kylie Jenner has been busy having pictures of her tits taken.  I’m going to go out on a limb and question how those kids were raised.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home