DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Wrap

I just paid $15 for a buck’s worth of White Cheddar popcorn.  Why?  Because I’m supporting the Cub Scouts and so should you, damn it!  They caught me as I was heading out of Draeger’s, so I was already acclimated to overpaying.  I remember when SB1 did the popcorn sales.  He made it all the way to Eagle Scout.  Now if just finishes up that Master’s he’s been working on, I’ll be a happy camper.
I did a quick shop after an uneventful stop at the posh club for some water walking.  I must get back into my swim routine, which has been interrupted by my Europe trip and the after effects, which had me on antibiotics. Have I ever told you about the time I went swimming with my wallet and car keys?  I was afraid the fob would not work, but it came through.  Then a few weeks later I did it again.  Fool me once….  And the last time I was in there before today, I bent over toweling myself off and involuntarily ripped a good one.  I was going to ask the guys near me if they stepped on a duck, but I just slinked away.
Last night we had dinner at the TCG’s abode.  #1 was there.  I’ve seen him about five times since he allegedly moved to Singapore.  He gave me shit for not blogging enough.  Put this post in your pipe and smoke it bud.  #2 and Mrs. Exec were there as well.  We had a delish dinner and I’d say the standout was a finely crafted couscous with nuts and vegies.  Two thumbs up.  And wife made a tasty flan.  We are going to feature that at our tapas reunion that we’ve discussed with Mashie and Unc.  I’ll make a tortilla española and some gambas al ajillo and a couple other winners.

We had SB1 and the girl home last week.  We did a couple nights up in Point Reyes.  It was great getaway.  We slurped some oysters and beer and had some great meals.  I kept trying to shove the check towards the kids but I failed miserably.  That Sunday we took a short hike and the next day the three did a long one while I worked back at the cottage.  My company has a hard time doing without me.

Hey!  Politics!  Since the last time I mentioned our nut job president, he threatened North Korea with nukes, did his “many sides” routine regarding Charlottesville, and fired Bannon.  I had the same idea as Colbert, talking about him getting “many sides” with his KFC order.  The troglodyte briefly got it right on his second round when somebody told him it might be a good idea to denounce neo-Nazis and white nationalists.  But then he blew the whole thing up at his “infrastructure” news conference. He cannot help himself.  The guy who co-wrote “The Art of the Deal” thinks Trump will resign by the fall.  Let’s hope he’s right. But I was heartened by the results of yesterday’s Boston counter-protest.  And my mom used to read “Make Way for Ducklings” to me when I was a kid.





In celebrity news, Taylor Swift’s social media feed went dark recently.  I found this distressing and commiserated with Wig’s brother via FB.  We both took it hard.  I also saw an article about the fact that Brooklyn Beckham is heading to college and mom is having a tough time with it. My old man held the door for me and said, “See you at Thanksgiving”.  By the way, as I’ve mentioned before, you shouldn’t name your kid after boroughs or states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home