DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, April 24, 2017

Geezer Approaching

DJ will be 60 in one week.  I’m giving advance notice so you can FedEx those gifts.  I was thinking of getting a Porsche but it would be less cool with a hand brake.  Instead I’ve decided to get a man bun and a couple tattoos.
Hey, health care is back in the news.  The Donald said this about the plan.  "The plan gets better and better and it's gotten really, really good and a lot of people are liking it a lot”.  That is one cogent analysis.  I wish Trumpcare had been around when I had that pesky spinal cord tumor.  I’d probably still be running marathons.  Wait, I never ran marathons.
Speaking of Donnie Boy, here’s a recent Slate headline: “Trump to Democrats: Pay for My Wall, or Obamacare Gets It!”  Donnie “Small Hands” Trump is a made guy.  The chump needs a win for his 100 day mark, and he doesn’t care who gets hurt.  And he was boasting about his ratings today. What a sideshow.
I’m sending in my absentee ballot for Emmanuel Macron.  We need that dude to beat France’s Trump.  Macron has a wife that is 24 years older than him.  That is your factoid for the day.  And a quote from one of the losers, Mélenchon: “Yankees represent everything I detest. A pretentious and arrogant empire, composed of uncultured rubes and pitiable cooks.”  He’d probably click with our president.
I’ll close with celebrity news.  Elon Musk and Amber Heard are an item.  Act for show and date for dough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home