DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Journaling Is Fun

My spirit animal is a Falcon.
Since I haven’t told you much of what is up with DJ since December, I thought I’d overshare.  I was on the way to the posh club this morning around 8am and I swear I saw some guy taking a leak on Foster City Blvd.  It was by the landscaping next to the new construction adjacent to the club.  The guy could have been working on the sprinkler system, but best I could tell with my perfunctory glance, the flow was downward.
I just got a call from The Wig and I see he took a peak at my blog yesterday.  I miss him too.  He shared a sign that showed “DJ’s Adult Classes “on FB yesterday.  That is open to interpretation.  And the Wolv stopped in at the blog as well, along with my Sweden based high school friend.  I did not go to high school in Sweden, but my friend lives there now.
We had a good dinner at Pausa last night, one of the newest entries in the San Mateo fine dining scene.  Like me, they make their own charcuterie.  The Banker and his wife joined us. We all enjoyed our chow, and I ordered a Valpolicella as though I knew what I was doing.  They stopped in for a nightcap afterward and we watched the Warriors lose in OT.
Last weekend featured a dinner at our house.  My sister and LA joined us for my Coq au Riesling, a Nigella Lawson special. Usually, if a recipe is not from a celebrity chef, I’m not interested.  My brother was supposed to be here as well, but he was ill.  The boy is a bit frail, but his little brother has always watched over him.  We offered the ladies an overnight stay, since they always accommodate us, but they decided to head home at the end of the evening.  I can understand that, because if it wasn’t my house, I wouldn’t stay here either.

I’m with Maher today.  Hopefully I won’t need to edit my post to save face tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home