DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, August 19, 2016

Pivot

It ain’t happening.  Donald told us he will always tell us the truth and he said he doesn’t want to change.  Except for his staff.  Manafort hit the bricks today.  How long before Bannon is replaced by the next rich prick with no moral compass?  The good news is in the polls.
Here’s a quick political quiz. 
What is Donald Trump’s favorite song?  A hint.  It is track 7 on Led Zeppelin III
How is Fenway Park like Trump Tower?  Fenway has the Green Monster and Trump Tower has the Orange Monster.
I hear my big galoot of a friend #1 is under the weather.  I’d make some soup or something and bring it over but he’s a better cook than me so it would not be up to his standards.  All I can offer is virtual hugs.
I haven’t blogged for over a month so you’d think I’d have something interesting to say.  You got the wrong guy. But I can tell you about my vacation.  We flew to DC on 8/5 and hung with the Wigs the next day.  They treated us to primo seats at the Nationals/Giants game.  There is an all you can eat and drink deal that comes with seats behind home plate.  This was the one game of the series that the Giants took. We saw Hunter Pence get his shiner.
Sunday night we were going to take twenty or so of SB1’s friends out for dinner, but he only has six, which is a stretch.  So the nine of us chowed down on a multi course meal at Kapnos.  Good stuff.
Monday we were off to NJ for a stay at the beach chalet of my in-laws. My brother-in-law ably filled his role as mixologist for our nightly cocktail hour and we had a lot of good food.  I got to be grill master one night, but we ate out or got take out most nights. 
We hit the beach every day.  I got a lot of exercise trying to body surf.  I brought the boogie board one day, but had little success.  I blame it on the waves.
We got back to a sweltering DC last Saturday and flew out of Dulles, which experienced its high temperature for that date.  I’m happy to be back in temperate FC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home