DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, April 02, 2012

Double Deuce

I became a dad 22 years ago today. I'm a proud pappy.

I got an email from SB1 today. We're getting him a phone for his birthday and he was worried about the new data plan charges. He suggested that maybe he could re-purpose the first mobile phone that I got my wife a few decades ago, which we've dubbed "the brick". I said that might be a good idea, but that he'd have to put on harem pants and listen to MC Hammer do "Can't Touch This" while he texts.

I've been goofing around the with Augie Doggie theme with the boy lately. He probably figures the old man has finally cracked, but at least the data plan bill is still getting paid. I put a picture of Doggie Daddy under the return address when I mailed him something recently. Did I mention he wants to stay in DC after he graduates?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home