DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Crapulent

That is the DJ word of the day. Some of you may have been feeling this way during the recent holidays. Look it up people.

As mentioned in my last brief post, adherence to the SLA has been dicey of late. I'm sure that many of my readers are disappointed in me, much as my parents were. 2012 will be a better year.

The indoor pool at my posh club re-opened recently after some remodeling so I was able to take SB2 for some exercise. Since I'm out of practice, i forgot to take a spare diaper and the one he was wearing was, let's say, well used. So after the swim he had to go commando. As I dressed him, he knew something was amiss. "Hey Dad, you forgetting something?". So we meandered to the car with SB2 doing a hand check on his crotch periodically.

Speaking of the posh club, I went for a swim the other evening and encountered someone I've decided to name "iPad Boy". He was 11 or 12 years old, with a backpack barely hanging on, headphones in, engrossed in his iPad. The kid stopped to check FB in between the double doors at the entry to the locker room. Surprisingly, he sensed me behind him so he moved along. A minute later, I see the backpack dropped in the middle of the floor and the kid taking a leak at the urinal, both hands on the iPad. I hope he has good aim. This is what we are coming to, a society maladroit at negotiating hallways and sidewalks because we are so enraptured with our devices.

I just got back from a good walk with my buds #1, Exec and TCG. We're minor celebrities in Foster City so we chatted up a few folks at the Starbucks. I was telling them about an article I read yesterday stating that cognitive decline may begin as early as 45. But that's OK. My wife insists on keeping me around even though I've passed my expiration date, just like she insists on keeping those seven or eight bottles of salad dressing in the refrigerator.

http://tinyurl.com/7vf6dxg

SB1 has been around for a few weeks. The girl was only home for a few days but the older guy has been running up my grocery bill since late December. He had a beard for a while. He decided to shave it because of its reddish tinge. He can thank me for that. He's also inherited a bit of my sense of humor. He introduced me to this video. I'm too mature to truly enjoy it. Don't be a party pooper. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home