DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, July 25, 2011

Time To Eat Our Peas

And read my blog.

The SLA has snuck up on me. I should be cranking out more posts since I have been off work since July 8, but prolific I am not. After thirteen years at a large Silicon Valley company, I was offered an early retirement package. I took the money and ran, like a thief across the neighbor's yard. I'm going to go in a completely new direction in life. I start my new gig at another large Silicon Valley company next month.

I had a good weekend. Does anyone want to hear about it? I took SB2 to the pool for a dip Saturday. We had a good time doing our normal routine, with him launching himself off my gut. I told my wife we need to get a video of that. Now that it's in writing, she's committed. When I got the boy out to shower up, both handicapped showers were taken, one by a handicapped gentleman. The other was occupied by an able bodied man. I said loudly to SB2, "He'll be out in a minute". He said, "I'm coming out". I said "Yeah!". I felt like saying, "What the hell are you doing in there in the first place!". Some people are just clueless.

We went over to the East Bay for dinner with my siblings and LA Saturday night at Mua. The food and company were stellar. My brother ended up treating us. I'm still trying to figure out who put the crowbar in his wallet. We stayed at my sister's house, which doubles as a luxury boutique hotel that serves a full breakfast. The ever generous LA gave us a fine bottle of Oregon Pinot, which I think I will bring to Mendocino tomorrow. We're going with Unc and his missus and some pals from Marin. LA also gave us an automatic pepper mill that activates when you turn it upside down. I think she realized I was fascinated with it, as I am with many shiny objects.

I'll try not to wait ten days before my next post. My wife would certainly be happy if I found something to occupy myself. There is one thing I'd like to mention before I go. I think it would be best to just be up front and let my readers know that I'm hooked on extreme couponing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home