DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Food Etc.

I caught some happy news recently. Cheesecake Factory is coming to my local mall. I can't wait! This coincides nicely with the introduction of their SkinnyLicious Menu.

Ferran Adria's El Bulli has closed. I would have liked to try it but trans-continental flights for a meal are generally outside of my budget. The last meal was 50 courses. Really??!!. I'm a bit of a foodie, but c'mon. That's a lot of plate washing.

I had a good meal at #1's place this weekend. He whipped up some achiote chicken and a Mexican pork dish I can't recall the name of. The featured dish was his salad of grilled pineapple and shrimp with a hint of vanilla bean, which was served, of course, on a bed of baby field greens. The Unc and his wife also joined us. I generally don't like to have my non-Foster City friends join the FCMC folks because it has the potential to be a combustible mix. However, on this evening, everyone got along. The Uncs were there to share their pictures and tales of their recent Turkey trip. The #1s head there next year.

My wife was so taken with the meal that she went down to El Pueblo in EPA to get some of the achiote chicken for one of the family meals. I grilled it up last night to serve with the rice and beans she got there.. I whipped up my patented guacamole and a few killer margaritas. Then SB2 and I caught a few episodes of Special Agent Oso on the big screen in my bedroom. We're having the family room floor done so he's been banished to other TV venues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home