DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spiral Sliced

I'm not sure if my local readers have noticed the recent changes along El Camino in Belmont. The HoneyBaked store is gone and has been replaced by Bay Area Boxing. The resourceful owners hung up some of the former tenant's leftover product to use as punching bags for the junior boxers, a la Rocky, in which he pummeled sides of beef for fight prep. Some may think this training method is ham-handed, but I beg to differ.

The former eBay CEO's latest radio ad opens with::

Meg Whitman takes a stand on stopping wasteful spending.

Beautiful! I almost hurled when I heard that one. Once we see the second coming of Governor Moonbeam, she'll realize that the $100 million plus that she's spent of her own fortune was a waste as well.

Lastly, who was the Santa Monican on my blog at 3:30 this morning? If its a new fan, it will push my readership into double digits.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home