DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, September 21, 2009

Yearning to Blog Free

If I don't post for two weeks or so, I feel the need to do so, even if I don't have much to say. I'd advise you to bail now.

I've been a little under the weather. I woke up in Tahoe the weekend before last with a bit of scratchy throat. I blame the lunatics I was with; #2, TCG and The Hotelier. We were supposed to have a couple more guys, to be unnamed since they stood us up. Some bullshit about a hospital stay and a business trip etc.

The four of us had a raucous time. The Hotelier brought a bottle of Hennessy, which disappeared the first night. I believe that is Kanye West's drink of choice. We made asses of ourselves too, just not in front of a national audience. The only bummer was the timing of the trip. Since I had committed to it some time ago, I could not make the DC Tea Party. Glenn Beck claimed there were 1.7 million folks there. He said that was corroborated by a university, the name of which he could not remember.. Maybe it was GWU or Catholic. The damn liberal press said the crowd was only about 75,000.

I had a good dinner with my bud Dr. Joe last week. We met up in SF and went to Piperade. He was impressed by my restaurant choice. I've wanted to go there for a while. It's owned by Gerald Hirigoyen, and features dishes from his native Basque region. He also owns Fringale, one of my sister's favorites. You can't go wrong with either.

http://piperade.com/

I got an interesting call the other day. I had put a mirror and lamps on Craig's List for free. The caller stated that she was a student and didn't have a car. She wondered if I could drop the mirror off in Palo Alto. Oh hell yeah! Do you need a couch too? Anything else I can do for you, chucklehead?

This weekend was much more low key than last. It was just me and two of the three kids. It was the ladies turn to go to Tahoe. I just stayed home and cooked, sitting by the window Sunday afternoon, awaiting her return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home