DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Peeps

This is going to be tough. I have 140 characters to get my message across. Damn! Well, I'll start by... Wait, never mind. That's Twitter. Letterman had an interesting exchange on that topic with Kevin Spacey Tuesday night. He called it a “waste of time”. Gosh, sounds like my April 28 post. Put that in your iPhone and tweet it, Exec.

In village news, the peripatetic #1 is in Michigan this week. I should have hooked him up with The Wolverine to get a few ideas on '70s era hot spots in the Ann Arbor area. They are likely not extant but that would have sent him on a wild goose chase, possibly cutting back on his communiques. #1 is a member of the “stream of gibberish” literary movement, as evidenced by his recent Facebook droppings.

I was watching CNBC at the gym yesterday. They were interviewing an analyst in Portland about Microsoft. They had to interrupt the interview to report that Warren Buffet had decreased his position in Moodys from 48M to 40M shares. That's what I call breaking news. After some yammering, they went back to the interview. When it was complete, the commentator stated that they report on anything Warren Buffet does. That got me thinking about tomorrow's report.

“After what seemed like an eternity, at least to him, Warren Buffet finally moved his bowels at 10:32am Omaha time”

I'm heading up to The UK's Kirkwood “cabin” in The UK's fly Audi tomorrow afternoon. He's letting TK and 4M tag along as well. Who the hell needs TCG, at least until September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home