DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bruuuuce

Happy 60th to The Boss. I recall many a college day, standing on a bed or couch, playing air guitar along to Rosalita or Badlands. 4M and I caught him for the first time at Cornell U. on the Darkness tour, which triggered 4M's upstate NY peregrination, following The E Street Band. I, of course, returned to my studies. Neither of us had ever seen anything comparable He closed out the first half of that show with Because the Night. At the coda, he threw his guitar in the air. It spun to the floor and the moment it hit, the music stopped and the lights went out. Legendary.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Now my son is at college, rocking it to the soundtrack of his life, even though Bruce may have been replaced by The Jonas Brothers. His old man sits at home, cluelessly blogging. I just realized the title of Monday's post was a retread. I have to use that old search feature, though it does not seem to be working the way I want it to. I vaguely recall telling that Cornell story before. Hopefully it wasn't here.

Work is going well. We've got several projects keeping me busy. I did some mission critical cutting and pasting today. Being the bandwidth czar is a good gig. I realize the Republicans are not too crazy about czars these days, so I'm laying low.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home