DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Babble On




I realize my blog production is not what it should be. I should post more but I’ve been in a bit of a mental recession lately.

I was perusing the cover of In Style magazine the other day. For some reason, it arrives in our mailbox although I don’t think anybody here actually bought a subscription. The cover items run the gamut of usual crap but I was intrigued by the item about Rihanna’s “tattoo diary”. I haven’t had a chance to read it but it reminded me of a buddy of mine who had one, which I’ve excerpted here:

5/22/75
The ship docked and we were given 24 hours leave. I went to the nearest dive bar and got shitfaced. I then had a crudely rendered version of an anchor tattooed on my right upper arm

7/12/75
We docked and got 24 hours leave. Within four hours I was completely hammered and had managed to get “MOM” indelibly etched on my left upper arm.

7/13/75
Decided to stop drinking

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home