DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

True Grit

My friend Braveheart, aka #2, had a recent face-off with a murine marauder. He was generous enough to say that I provided some inspiration (see 4/22/07 post), but he saved both home and family without the benefit of the rodent being moribund. I salute you #2!

I’ve been following politics a bit lately. I saw an article in Yahoo a few weeks back that stated McCain led Obama among NASCAR fans. I guess I’m in the minority that enjoys watching loud cars circle a track hundreds of times yet plan to vote for Obama. Senator McCain has gotten the best headlines recently though. He stated yesterday that he supports lifting the ban on offshore drilling. Today I see he’s called for building 45 new nuclear reactors by 2030. I’m now awaiting his stance on the clubbing of baby seals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home