DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hullabaloo Over Hannah

I was debating if I should add my two cents to the firestorm over the Vanity Fair pictures of Miley Cyrus, aka Hannah Montana. On a side note, most kids don’t have such a famous alter egos. I was one of the few in upstate NY that did, back in the early 70s. He wore red Bata Bullet high tops and baggy khakis and wandered around a lot. But this is not about me, or him. It’s about Miley, or Hannah.

The shot of Miley and dad was not your typical family photo. Ol’ Billy Ray should have used his achy breaky fart of a brain to put the kibosh on that one as well as the one of Miley draped in a sheet. She’s your 15 year old daughter, moron. If you’re giving Howard Stern the creeps, something is not right.

In other Hollywood news, Carmen Electra is getting married again. At the same time I heard that, I also read that Star Jones and Gary Coleman are seeking divorces. It’s all part of the celebrity circle of life.

It’s time to move on to politics. If anybody has any idea what the hell Rev. Jeremiah Wright is trying to pull off, other than shameless self promotion, please let me know. What I don’t understand is why McCain’s association with Rev. Hagee doesn’t get the same scrutiny. Maybe we just expect Republicans to be aligned with religious whack jobs.

Time to wrap it up. I have to head over to Costco to get my four 50 lb. bags of rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home