DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thank You J Lo

I would like to thank Jennifer Lopez for naming her children Max and Emme. Given the bizarre names that celebs have saddled their children with, this is a relief. They’ll still have to grow up with self-absorbed parents, but the kids at school won’t be teasing them unmercifully. Here are some names they could have ended up with:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article2130988.ece

Shifting into second, I was in Radio Shack the other day to buy a battery for the keyless remote for my Volvo. On my way there, I pondered how we lived without those for so many years. When I entered the store, the sales rep was working with a customer that was interested in a cell phone. He asked, “What do you plan to use the phone for?” That set me off. The internal monologue that ensued was as follows: “Well, first off, I’d like to take a lot of pictures. And of course I want to listen to music. And if you have one that I could also use as a communications device, that would be a real plus”. George Carlin’s take on cell phones, among other things, is worth a look.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4qXrfLi1o

I’m going to TCG’s tonight to play poker. I plan on taking those guys for a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home