DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Bring Back the Snark

That was the message I received from a reader, an eminent, retired attorney that happens to be my brother. He said my last post was a relief, as my sincerity pains him. I guess I’m not so good at sincerity since, at heart, I’m an insincere person.

My wife and I, along with some friends, are blowing up the FC bocce league.  We usually play on Thursday, but we had a make-up game last night, and we kept our record perfect. We now stand at 0 – 5. We had drinks and chow at our house afterward, which went about as well as our game. I put quiche and bread in the oven and turned on the broiler instead of the oven, but we were able to salvage the majority of it. The featured drink was a Corpse Reviver 2.  Our bocce season could use one.

The Vergara/Manganiello era is over. Even beautiful people have bad days. And Ariana Grande has ended her marriage as well.  She was married for two years, which is the equivalent of decades in the celeb world. As always, I urge you to respect their privacy during this difficult time.

I’m considering becoming a citizen of Slowjamastan.  Let me know your thoughts.


I’ve dug into the blog notes to see if there were some pearls I had not shared with you. Of course there were.  I was in Safeway a month or so ago and I was having a problem with the self-checkout. The clerk came over to straighten it out and turned to walk away. She took a couple steps and stopped to check something on her phone. She then farted loudly in my general direction.  This was not the customer experience I was looking for.

My girl is going to see Tay Tay in Seattle on Sunday night.  I sincerely hope she has a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home