DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Idiot Tax: $560

When we got back from our recent two-week vacation, there was quite an effluvium emanating from my beloved Acura.  I opened the hood to find a pile of rat droppings on the top of the engine. I figured the critter croaked somewhere in there.

I was due for regular maintenance, so I brought it in to Wally, the world’s best mechanic. He did the needed work as well as searched high and low for the rat, but he came up empty. Based on the smell from the AC vents, he figured it was somewhere between the dashboard and the firewall but taking that apart was outside his bailiwick.

I then brought it to the Acura dealership.  They disassembled it, sent me some pics, but said they could not find it. Eventually, I got a text that they found a package of chicken wings in the trunk. I do volunteer work delivering food so someone was short of chicken, and I was stuck with the stink. I’m trying to kill the smell in the trunk, but I may need to sink further dough into getting a detailer to take care of it. Yes, I’m an idiot.

There’s a lot of other stuff going on in Foster City.  We did driveway cocktails up the road Friday and I got several tastes of my bud’s high-end tequilas. We met some new neighbors and their adorable son. We dined on burritos from El Palenque whilst sipping margaritas. The next night the #1s and Hoteliers were over for a pre-Father’s day bash which included a tasty array of appetizers. Last night was sushi night at Tokie’s with the numbers and TCG. I lead an active social life.

You’re bored with my FC reports? I can’t blame you, but what if I were to tell you we have five new stop lights in town? We were gone for the grand opening, but one of them is at the corner of Gull and E. Hillsdale, so traffic is flowing better now. And we also joined the FC bocce league. We got crushed 12-1 in our first game.

I’d like to correct a major oversight from my last post.  The wedding we attended in Kenosha was that of my daughter-in-law’s sister. Fortunately, nobody important reads this blog.

Hailey Bieber is rolling out a new skincare line and she said the first person she called for advice was Kim Kardashian. She’d be my go-to for a life coach. But it seems Kim and Kourtney are on the outs, which is especially sad now that Kourtney and upright tattoo Travis Barker are going to have a baby. That kid won’t have any issues, but the downside is that this news is crushing Scott Disick. I’ll close the celebrity portion of this post by letting you know Ricki Lake has posted nude pics in an outdoor bathtub in the name of self-acceptance. Aw, you didn’t have to do that Ricki. Really!!

You probably saw the news of the Harvard morgue scandal, but I gotta ask.  Does this guy look like he’d be involved with something like that?

I caught this in the current headlines.  I surmise that the noises are several people saying “get me the hell out of here”.


Lastly, I just want everyone to know that I’m planning to take a break from acting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home