DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Under Pressure

I was going to get back at you pushy bastards for demanding blog production by live blogging the entire 49ers game, but I didn’t have the stamina.  When I say pushy bastards, I mean one reader who has mentioned once or twice in the last month that he hadn’t seen any new posts. In any case, the Niners lost to the Bears in a wet one and I am 3-7 so far in my pool.

We had a good meal Wednesday with 4M and his wife at this joint. We had a gift certificate that defrayed some of the cost.  The food was good and reasonably priced, but I noticed they marked the wine up almost 3x over retail.  I used to 2x, but c’mon people. However we were quite happy to be able to mingle with Palo Alto society.

https://www.telefericbarcelona.com/

It was couples night on Friday here by the pergola. The #1s and the Hoteliers joined us for Mrs. Hotelier’s birthday.  Per my blog notes, I still don’t have a bar name for her.  I’m sure we’ll get that resolved shortly.  The wife and I went up to Peninsula Seafood that morning to get some salmon, which grilled up quite nicely.  We paired that with a new faro salad and some Backhaus bread for a tasty treat.  #1 got creative with a Greek bruschetta and the Hotelier never skimps in the wine category.

Have you ever heard of Dinner in White?  I must be a rube because I had not, but my good pal The Wig attended one in Richmond, VA last night.  He has always been several steps ahead of me.  I may need to organize one down at Gull Park.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diner_en_Blanc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home