DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Evolution Is Coming

It appears KFOG is going kaput.  They shitcanned their on-air staff last week and you can’t listen for ten minutes without hearing about their evolution.  It is happening on 4/20, so maybe they’ll be launching a reggae station.  I’ve been listening for 30+ years so I hope they don’t mess too much with the format.  Yes, wishful thinking.
The Wig is telling me Trump is supplying a lot of material, and he’s right.  The capitalist bastard formerly known as a real estate developer remains at the top of the news.  Jason Linkins came up with a couple good descriptions recently, those being “caramelized Weisswurst” and "Stygian homunculus” I got an email from the word of the day folks at Merriam-Webster that they got a boatload of lookups on Stygian.  I was one of them.
I read about one of Trump’s foreign policy initiatives today, the Mexico wall.  He’s clearly put a lot of thought in to that one.  His plan is to block money transfers from poor immigrants to their even poorer family members, until Mexico cries uncle and pays for the wall.  It’s amazing how Trump can be such a man of the people and a statesman at the same time. With all his time spent on a tanning bed, he’s well prepared for his stay in hell.
We had a dinner party on Gull Saturday night.  Unc and his wife joined us along with a couple of their Belmont compatriots.  The #1s joined in to add some Foster City balance.  I made my Osso Buco, which has been referred to as “restaurant quality”.  I believe that compliment came from 4M’s wife.  I think the only thing 4M cooks is boiled meat.
The day after the dinner party my wife abandoned me to go to Oxnard for a couple days.  As I write, I anxiously anticipate her return.  And the girl headed to Chicago so I was all alone for a couple days.  SB2 and I hung out on Sunday.  He loves my grilled cheeses out in the patio sun. 
Unc and I fly off to Austin Thursday for a reunion with the Wolv.  His flight gets in about an hour before us.  He said we could find him in the bar.  I’m looking forward to our time with the Wolv.  We did a lot of hanging out in the 80s, before maturity kicked in fully.
One helluva ballgame last night. Congrats to Dr. Joe, who took first place in the extended village pool even though his employer lost.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home