DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Come Up With A Title

There's lots of crazy stuff in the news these days. One headline proclaimed "More Pets Prescribed Psychiatric Drugs". I had no idea Rover could get so bummed. My take is that we should focus on making sure all the humans in the world have three hots and a flop before our pets start listening to Prozac.

Then there was the article about 1.8 million dead voters on the rolls in the U.S. That is some serious mismanagement. And that was just counting the Tea Partiers from the neck up.

Things at work have been interesting of late. Not the actual work, but that's besides the point. We have a wall where we can write anything that comes to mind. I overcame my natural shyness a few weeks ago and posted the final score of the Super Bowl. Since then I've been making regular contributions. I posted "TPS Reports Due Today" followed by several lines from the movie Office Space. If you have not seen it, go rent it asap. I'm sure all the engineers that work in my office appreciated the line "I talk to the customers so the engineers don't have to"

And then I went to the sandwich cafe today for lunch. You fill out a form with what you want and add your first name and last initial. I think there was a wiseguy there because I know I heard a Kenny G. So this naturally gave me an idea. I plan to go with a bunch of co-workers. I'll be Jay Z and a couple buddies can be Ali G, Nat X and Bobby V. One of the women can be Cher B.

On the way home from my exciting work day, I caught a billboard on 101 North. It was inviting me to San Diego with a tag line of "Sheer Bliss". Really?! It just so happens my mother-in-law lives in San Diego. Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home