DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Day

I was planning to go the gym today to pump iron and work on my beer keg abs. However my left shoulder is bugging the hell out of me. I think i got it from being hugged too much by the numbers, The Exec and TCG this weekend. In any case, I thought I should do something productive in lieu of the gym. In the end, I decided to blog instead.

Did anyone watch the State of the Union address? I missed it but did see part of the Republican rebuttal. I think the guy's name was Charlie Daniels. Mittens said Obama's speech was "detached from reality". That is rich, no pun intended. Mitt's reality is pulling in $60k a day in investment income while trying to pull off the regular guy look on the campaign trail.

Today The President and Arizona Governor Jan Brewer had a little chat. I think he needs to find a way to deport her. But I do appreciate that she respects the office of the president, much like I did during the Bush administration.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2012 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Charlie Daniels? Wasn't that the guy who did "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"? As I recall, the song was about Newt, Mitt and Beelzebub having a three way fiddle contest. Newt had early lead due to his years of training fiddling on his wives, but Mitt was gaining fast with his ability to change keys with lightning speed. The devil laid back, waiting for Newt's head to explode, and was soon rewarded. TPOD (The Prince of Darkness) sensing opportunity, blew out all the stops, singeing the Mittster's eyebrows with a fiery solo. Imagine the chagrin when old Lucifer had to settle for bragging rights because Romney's soul was already leveraged out the wazoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home