DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, February 27, 2012

Eat a Burger

I watched most of the Oscars last night, although I sometimes ask myself why. Billy Crystal is always hilarious but I can do without most of it. Angelina Jolie flashing her leg last night has created quite the stir. One account called her stance "slightly preposterous", which I'd have to agree with wholeheartedly. I got indigestion when I saw that chicken leg. And did you see those arms? It doesn't look like she's getting three squares.

My buddy The Wig called me yesterday. He was in a buoyant mood as he was on the way to The Inn at Little Washington with his lovely bride. Although he didn't say it, he was thinking, "I'm doing this and you're going back to work tomorrow". He's always been there for me. And then Mrs. Wig mentioned that she hasn't read the blog for a while. You don't say?! I always appreciate candor. I have to start using that caller ID more wisely.

The Wig said he'd treat me to a dinner there during my upcoming May visit. I'll believe it when I see it. We're going to see SB1 graduate and then head south. I thought Wig lived closer to DC but it looks like it will be an almost two hour drive. I was thinking it might not really be worth that long a trip, but a gourmet dinner clinched the deal.

So I decided to check out the menu. There is quite an array of fine dishes but this one caught my eye.

Pepper Crusted Tuna Pretending to be a Filet Mignon Capped with Seared Duck Foie Gras on Charred Onions with a Burgundy Butter Sauce

I really like a fish with a sense of playfulness and imagination. "Hey Charlie, I'm going to make them think I'm beef!"


Did anyone see that the Fuller Brush company just went bankrupt. That took me aback. I though they went belly up decades ago.

I heard on the radio today that The Beach Boys are coming to The Greek. This was a must see concert, at least back when I was in first grade at St. Xavier's Academy. Did you see them on The Grammys? Who the hell wheeled them out there? Time to call it a wrap boys.

In closing, can someone tell me what the hell this is about?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home