DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

See What Sticks

I topped 20,000 hits today. It took less than four years! I believe this is a singular achievement in the blog world.

I talked to TK today. He's on pins and needles waiting for my next post.

I think there's some bad juju hanging over the abode. Both the fridge and the dryer conked out this week. But it did give me an opportunity to help the economy and go appliance shopping with the wife.

I got some financial advice from The Wig on his recent visit. I asked him what I should do with my retirement account. He said he'd mull it over and come up with a plan. A few days later I got an email. “Put all $500 on red the next time you go to Vegas.”

Apparently, the Jersey shore has changed a great deal since I spent time there in the 60's and 70's with my parents, siblings and Philly cousins, at least according to the highbrow E show, Jersey Shore. In a related item, Mike “The Situation” will be Wolf Blitzer's special guest on The Situation Room. Yeah, I know The Soup did it first. They must have gotten the idea from my pending blog file.

I'm thinking about getting a cat suit like the one J Lo wore on New Year's Eve.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2010 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on 20K hits.Love to see my Initals in publication

     
  • At 2/05/2010 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought it was an MTV show. not that it would make it any less stupid

     

Post a Comment

<< Home