DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gotta Write

#1 says so, thus it must be. I know on which side my bread is buttered. He gave me some left over Pork Tinga, which I've just finished off. I've been running around the house warbling “Pork Tinga”, sung to the tune of “Goldfinger”.

SB1 left yesterday for DC. I slipped him a C note on his way out, mainly because I'm an easy mark. It came in handy as he had to grab a cab from Dulles because he got in late and the buses stopped running. At least that's what I was told.

I'm going to take SB2 to the natatorium today. We both need the exercise. We had an interesting event occur when we took him for a haircut the other day. It seems we forgot to take him to the bathroom for a while so when we sat down at the “salon”, my wife noticed his diaper was hanging at about his knees. Whoops! We sprung into action. Fortunately l had a spare in my car. When I got back in, my wife had him in one of those nylon robes the old ladies use when they get their hair dyed blue. “I'm ready for my perm, Mr. DeMille.”

Have I ever mentioned that my buddy The Exec is taking an Italian as a third language class?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home