DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Overdue?

No, according to #1. I was concerned that I had to crank out a post yesterday, when I was not quite ready, but I got clarification from #1. I ran into him at our posh club, shortly after I had a locker room chat with The Exec. I asked #1 if I had to post yesterday. He let me know today was my deadline. What a relief! So next Sunday is my next deadline. My magnanimous friend even let me know that today's post didn't have to be complete by 1:22pm. He's clearly not one to stand on ceremony.

He and his wife also joined us last night at the Catfight, the annual hoops game at NDB pitting the Notre Dame Tigers against the Presentation Panthers. In a nail biter, the Tigers emerged victorious, their first league win this year. A friend behind us pointed out that my daughter had some smooth moves. I explained that genetics had played a major role.

I was fortunate earlier this week to receive a visit from my long time pal The Wig. The Jersey based boy was in Tahoe for a week's skiing with family, and made an overnight stop in the Bay Area. I was Poncho to his Cisco Kid, as he drank whiskey while I drank the wine. I served him some Woodford Reserve I had been hiding from my wife for a while. We had dinner at Sweet Basil, one of Foster City's few good restaurants. Give it a try sometime.

https://webpos.wlinformation.com/zonicorderingbr/?str=Sweet-Basil-Thai-Cuisine-Foster-City

Speaking of good chow, we're heading out to dinner tonight in the city. If you're lucky maybe I'll get some new blog material and you won't have to wait until next Sunday. I'm looking forward to our return to Chapeau!, our first time at its new location.

http://www.chapeausf.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home