DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

You Had a Bad Career

http://www.freep.com/article/20091208/ENT07/912080355/1035/rss04

It was a little chilly this morning, with actual ice on the windshield. I said something like “Its like being back in NY” to the Peet's Coffee guy but he rightly corrected me, letting me know it might compare to a brisk fall day. I've become a weather wimp, even though I just got done busting the chops of one of my FB friends.

I gotta crank out the Xmas letter. It may be time to start a recycling campaign. I'm looking forward to what #1 comes up with. He's quite inventive with his holiday efforts. Its too bad we're not speaking.

I think my bud The Wig may be in the general vicinity, meaning Vegas. I hope he took my blog restaurant review to heart and visits Bouchon. You can't lose.

You know you're a geezer when one of your pals comes to you for CPAP advice.

Hey, there was big hoops extravaganza this weekend. As mentioned previously, The Banker coached my daughter and his to three straight middle school championships some years back. Now the girls are high school juniors and they faced off Saturday night. We got beat but my kid scored 18 and The Banker's daughter brought home tournament MVP. Western PA may be the cradle of quarterbacks, but Foster City is the fount of female cagers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home