Super-Intelligent Post
Just like AI, if you keep reading this blog it will eventually destroy you.
Our president, a complete horse’s ass, has been busy. When he’s not renaming shit, he’s threatening to annihilate a civilization. Or maybe he’ll make a deal with them. It’s good to have that option in your back pocket. That’s the mark of a master negotiator. When he was done at the UN, he turned to fawning over Xi during his state visit. He likes himself a ruthless dictator. Gosh, it seems strange that some Republicans are “distancing” themselves from him. November 3 can’t come soon enough. I feel like the guy with his head in his hands at Trump’s UN speech.
The village had a big day on Wednesday. My socialite wife organized the event. The numbers, TCG and the Hotelier were all in attendance with their better halves. We took in the 12:45 game at Pacific Bell Park. We sat in the sun for a bit but then the shade came over and it was a gorgeous day. We were treated to a barn burner of two sub .500 teams battling it out. I did not recognize any names on the Twins roster nor the Giants’. I know a few Giants names like Lee, Adames and Devers, but they were all injured. Given their record, it was time to give the prospects a shot. The Giants had a 2-1 lead at one point but dropped the game 4-2. A guy right in front of us snagged a foul ball. I’m glad I didn’t have to fend it off. I dipped into my home equity line to buy a slice of pizza and a beer.
After the game we went to Shelby’s Rooftop for drinks. It had a great view of the traffic we didn’t have to sit in. I was not up for straight Tanqueray at 4pm so I went with one of their signature cocktails. I should have had an IPA. #2’s SO, who does not yet have a bar name, so I’ll call her T, generously picked up the tab. I gotta hang with those two more.
The geriatric set then marched off to Sam’s Grill for an old timey SF meal. We had a private booth with an effusive and engaging waiter, who, along with the great food and great company, made it a memorable night. I love places like Sam’s, John’s and Tadich. You know what you’re getting and there is no messing around.
After dinner eight of the ten of us Ubered back to the train station and hopped on the 7:55, where we were treated to a show. About two stations in, some rando got up from his seat, climbed the steps going to the upper section, and did the technicolor yawn. You know what I mean. He called his friend Earl. After that he came back down, hung by the station sign, and puked some more. I’m sure it was a stomach bug and not too many beers. Needless to say, we got off at the opposite exit.
Since I brought up barn burners, there was a real one last night, when the Falcons handed the favored Packers their hats. There are 46 participants in my pool and all 46 picked the Packers. Any given Thursday. Here’s my picks for the week. I’ll probably be back at you shortly after Sunday’s games. I’ll use the blog therapeutically to deal with missing my wife, who is now on a plane to DC to celebrate my twin grandchildren’s first birthday. D Pop decided to stay home this time around. He can only take so much excitement.
GB Buf Car Det Ind Jax KC NYG Cin Sea SF Min NO Bal LAR Phi


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home