DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

My Pal Elon

I can’t wait to see the new 4-hour documentary on Elon Musk. I can’t get enough of that guy. My Foster City real estate empire and five figure retirement account can’t compare to what he has accomplished, but I still view us as kindred spirits. One of the revelations in it is that he told his first wife, on their wedding day, that he was the alpha in the relationship. Some people might find that unusual, but my wife told me the same thing during the first dance at our wedding. She led. In an aside, I don’t think I have ever divulged that our wedding was paid for by a Russian oligarch.

Truth be told, I have not been in much of a writing mood lately but seeing recent hits from my loyal readers The Wolv and #1 has motivated me.  I just cannot let them down. I’ve been consumed with the opening of the NFL season. I like Google TV’s “catch up through key plays” feature as watching an entire game is beyond me, unless I have a buddy sitting there with me. I’ve invited a lot of people this coming Sunday, but they all told me to get lost. Though I’m feeling a little bitter, I’m sharing my crack week 2 slate. I’m a risk taker, as evidenced by my NYJ and LV picks. I won’t be able to watch the Chiefs stomp the Colts during the Sunday night game as #1 and Barbie are coming over to be test subjects for this paella.  We made it once when SB1 was home, but I don’t have my usual culinary confidence on this one.

Buf Car Bal Chi Hou NE NYJ TB Phi Jax LV Sea Dal SF KC LAR

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014667-paella-master-recipe

Nate Silver is telling me things are looking rosier for the Democrats in the recent polls. I hope he’s right. I’m planning on getting a bottle of champagne and staying up late on November 3. The only downside is I have to kiss that $5k Trump check goodbye. If the new Congress can stymie him, he might take his toys and gold leaf and go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home