Alix vs. Alex
Whose team are you on? Personally, I’m torn.
It was a quiet week here on Gull. The wife and her gal pals headed to Tahoe. I spent most of the week suffering from the vapours. The one bright spot was a Wednesday night pizza party at #1’s house. He sprung for the Amici’s pie, The Banker and I each brought a fine Zin and #2 arrived with a sixer of fake beer. The Belgian brought himself. He’s a big dog with Genentech so we don’t get to see much of him. The entire crowd put on a brave face in the absence of their wives. Some fought back tears. Or maybe that was the anchovies. #2 said no anchovies so I recommended to #1 that he double up on them. We even had them on the side for our Caesar.
The week before last the wife and I decided we needed a culture infusion, so we headed on Wednesday to see the Matisse show at MOMA. Not being the savviest of planners, we were unaware that MOMA is closed on Wednesdays. Therefore, we killed some time walking Yerba Buena Plaza. Howard St. between Third and Fourth was blocked off for a big upcoming Pokémon event. Most people don’t know it, but I am a big Pokémon fan. Before we headed back to the burbs, we lunched at Fang. Primo. You gotta go.
The mid-terms are two months away. I caught this during my news scan today.
For Republicans, wrote political analyst Charlie Cook, the founder of Cook Political Report, “the three most plausible outcomes are that it will be bad, really bad, or truly horrible.”
I’m all for it. Word on the street is that reps in tight districts are trying to discourage any “support” from the President. And Melania will be a no-show at his Dallas shitshow. At least he’s not talking about bombing Oman anymore. That episode reminded me of McCain doing “bomb Iran” to the tune of the Beach Boys Barbara Ann. Of course, he was less insane than Trump, but that’s not saying much.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home