DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, July 27, 2026

Blogmaxxing

I am the self-appointed language police and I'm tired of this crap.

https://www.wired.com/story/solomaxxing/

https://billionthblog.blogspot.com/search?q=looksmaxxing

My computer just croaked so I am coming to you from my Chromebook. I hope it doesn't have any impact on the quality of my posts.  I did a few fantastic blog posts from France on it so there should be no worries.  My daughter got some old family videos off my PC just in time. I brought it in to a San Mateo firm so if it truly toast they can at least get the data off it.  I went to TCG the last time I had a problem but he has sold the business. The top three reasons he wanted to retire were 1) lower stress, 2) spend more time with friends, family and his money, and 3) not deal with DJ's lame-ass PC problems. SB1 will be spending a few weeks here at the end of the year so he can be my IT guy and set up whatever cheap box I decide to go with next.

The wife and I got to go to Heritage Fire yesterday. Since we are well connected with the Hotelier, we got the VIP parking and wristband, which allowed us to enter early and sit in the VIP section.  I did a lot of sitting since my hip is on the fritz again, but I'm hoping that is a temporary situation. I'm going to Tahoe tomorrow and the East Coast next week, so I need to be on my A game.  As I told my brother yesterday, my A game is the equivalent of everybody else's C game. But I'm getting off topic. Heritage Fire was a successful event and the chow was primo.  My fave was Macarena's ribeye paella. The wine was flowing as well. Some lady thought I might be the Hotelier's brother. I said "C'mon, I ain't that good looking".

https://www.thesanfranciscopeninsula.com/food-and-drink/heritage-fire/

As I said, I will be traveling quite a bit, so I may not be posting again until later in August.  I hate to tear the band-aid off like that, but I gotta be up front with my base.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home