DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, November 01, 2020

Uno Mas

 I thought I’d throw one more up here before the election.  

The Trumpists showed their true colors in Texas by surrounding Biden’s tour bus and slowing it down on the highway.  The Orange Duce embraced their activities.  Gosh, what happened to law and order.  A Biden spokesman nailed it by saying "For the second time in a week your campaign has left your supporters stranded in the cold with no transportation at one of your superspreader rallies. Maybe you should spend more time worried about those buses than ours."  

And today is a "National Day of Remembrance for Americans Killed by Illegal Aliens”, which has Stephen Miller’s fascist fingerprints all over it. What about the COVID deaths?  Oh right, DJT Jr. reminded us they were down to “almost nothing”.  I think a thousand a day is quite a lot, but I may not have his math skills.

OK, your life will be dominated by political news through Tuesday and likely beyond, so I’ll switch gears on my next paragraph.  I just wanted to share some Halloween fun I saw here in the FC today.  There was a tombstone on a lawn saying, “Here lies the Trump administration, and lies and lies and lies”. And there’s good news from Lil Jon.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-about-f-noooooo-lil-jon-refuses-join-lil-wayne-lil-pump-supporting-trump-1543407

The wife and I went to The Barrel Bistro and Wine Bar in downtown San Mateo last night.  They do not seem to have a web site, otherwise I’d share it with you.  It was a nice night, and they had some heaters set up outside.  I thought I had ordered a bottle of Syrah, but it ended up being a Petite Syrah.  Petite or not, it was tasty.  We had shrimp ceviche – not quite as good as mine - along with fried calamari, arugula and prosciutto flatbread, and a couple pork tacos.  Two thumbs up.  I’m glad to see these places being able to do a decent business.  And we are lucky to still have outdoor dining this time of year, as my bud UK was doing down in Carmel.  The Dream chimed in that he’d need a snowsuit to do that in his upstate NY town.

I had my usual Zoom session with my trainer yesterday. We usually discuss my NFL pool picks.  His son disagrees with my SF over Seattle pick this week, but otherwise we are in sync.  I appreciate that my trainer tells me to listen to my body, but I get a little discouraged when my body says, “you’re a superannuated sack of flab”.

I’ll leave you with this week’s pool picks.  DJ is tied for third so may make some dough this year.

Car Bal LAR KC GB Ind Cle Ten Buf LAC SF NO Phi TB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home